Download hypnosis faq now
Designed to give you a start!!
Self Hypnosis is simply the process of using hypnosis by yourself. This includes entering into a relaxed state, deepening that state and then making suggestions to yourself or using some appropriate image which will assist you to change.
You may have learned the five deep breath technique or the hand clasp technique which will induce a relaxed state in you, and then you have learned how to deepen that state using your imagination, or counting.
The difficulty with being your own hypnotist is maintaining enough awareness to give yourself suggestions, or use your imagination, and of course remembering what it is you are going to do in your self hypnotic session
1. Plan what you are going to do in the session, if necessary make a note of the suggestions you will be using or the image you are going to work with beforehand.
2. Take some time beforehand to list your suggestions, eliminating those which are not clear enough for you.
3. Decide how long your session will be, say five or fifteen minutes.
4. Ensure you will not be disturbed, for the period of time you have chosen. As with any skill, the more you practise, the more benefit you will obtain. Better to do a daily session of five minutes than a weekly session of twenty.
Self hypnosis can help in many ways. To help you think more positively, to be more calm, to give you extra confidence, to help you with other minor symptoms, e.g. nailbiting, eating too much, rashes, general aches and pains, improve your sleeping etc. What it cannot do is assist with difficulties of a more serious nature. For example serious depression, loss of control of emotions, heavy drinking, persistent long term insomnia, consistent difficulty making decisions. If you or anyone you know is experiencing any of these, then my advice would be to seek professional help, either a medical practitioner, hypnotherapist or any other complimentary health practitioner. Remember that people in the medical profession often only treat the symptom and not the cause of the problem.
Practise daily for 5 minutes,
" Whenever you wish to re-enter this state of relaxation make yourself as comfortable as possible wherever you are and close your eyes. Very slowly take 5 DEEP BREATHS... After the first deep breath .. allow all the muscles of your face and neck to relax ... as you breathe out,.. After you take the second deep breath... allow the muscles of your shoulders, arms and hands to relax... as you breathe out... After you take the third deep breath allow all the muscles in your legs and feet to relax... After the fourth deep breath allow all the muscles in you whole body to relax... After you take the fifth deep breath you are... mentally and physically...entering a deeply relaxed state... in which you will remain for 5 minutes. As you are in hypnotic time you may remain in this relaxed state for as long as you wish, but in reality time it will be no longer than 5 minutes. You will decide when the moment has come for you to count down .. slowly and silently ..from five to zero. When you open your eyes at the count of zero.. you will feel refreshed .. and confident in the knowledge that you will be able to keep with you as much of this calmness and relaxation as you need. Furthermore your ability to enter self hypnosis daily will increase until these feelings of calmness and relaxation become an essential feature of your life."
1. Frame positively. E.g. because I am able to relax so well, I am becoming much calmer and as a result more confident.
2. Repeat more than once.
3. Give yourself your suggestion without focusing on it, like being offhand with yourself, it's much more likely to be accepted by the subconscious.
4. If you are wanting the suggestions to work in a specific situation try and connect the suggestion with a strong emotion, this is likely to increase the power.
5. Try and connect your suggestions logically, and in sequence. I.e., as a result of feeling more relaxed, I will be feeling more confident.
6. If you find an image works better for you, go ahead and use it, I.e., a picture of yourself looking and feeling good about speaking in front of a large group.
7. Don't be afraid to experiment, What works for you may not work for someone else. If a suggestion or idea is not acceptable to your subconscious, it will simply reject it.
8. Allow your unconscious mind to work for you. Let it bring up images and issues it wants you to consider or resolve for you in some way. Allow what happens to happen.
Download hypnosis faq nowzipfile 60 k
return to Creative Changes homepage
See Our Current Range of Tapes